2007 [76 posts]
Culture of Complexity
Data Structures and Algorithms
Databases and Python
Economics of Software
Methodology for Non-Programmers
Open Source Projects
Personal Web Toys
Test Driven Reverse Engineering
The Lure of XML
Unit Testing in Python
War Stories and Advice
- January 02 Clarifying XML’s Strengths.
- January 03 Code Quality - Which Implementation is “Better”?
- January 04 Measurable Improvement
- January 04 Technology Refresh
- January 05 Project Justification
- January 06 The Question of Risk (Revised)
- January 12 What a Data Warehouse Can Never Do
- January 23 The Problem with Spreadsheets
- January 25 Spreadsheet as Syntax
- January 29 The XML Balancing Act - Part III, JSON (Revised)
- February 02 Editing DocBook XML
- February 07 Great Quotes about The Spreadsheet Problem™
- February 18 IT’s Drive to Self-Destruction
- February 26 PyCon 2007 (Revised)
- March 02 Advanced Programming
- March 03 More Dimensional Model Implementations
- March 13 Dejavu and Python-based Dimensional Analysis
- March 13 Sugar, GTK and OLPC
- March 23 PL/SQL vs. Java - Which is REALLY faster?
- March 23 PL/SQL vs. Java - Additional Information
- March 26 A Simple Graphic Learning Environment - Part 1
- March 31 A Simple Graphic Learning Environment - Part 2
- April 02 Python and Reverse Engineering, Part 1
- April 03 Business Analysis vs. Architecture
- April 05 Python and Reverse Engineering, Part 2
- April 16 Being an Architect
- April 17 Python and Reverse Engineering, Part 3
- April 18 Python and Reverse Engineering, Part 4
- April 28 IT Management’s Love-Hate Relationship with Tools
- April 30 Python and Reverse Engineering, Part 5
- May 01 Ouch!
- May 02 Graphics Learning, Cairo and PyCairo
- May 03 The Web Mart Design Pattern.
- May 18 Just for a moment, I though I’d found something SQLAlchemy doesn’t do perfectly.
- May 22 Web Services and Architecture
- May 23 Switched to iBlog2
- May 23 “As the software industry shifts away from selling shrink-wrapped software...”
- May 26 Another Dimensional Model Implementation
- May 26 PL/SQL vs. Java - Yet Again
- May 27 PL/SQL and Java - The Benchmark Challenge (revised)
- May 31 Programming for Non-Programmers Book
- June 14 Maintenance and New Development
- June 14 E-purchase woes
- June 19 Methodologies we love to hate.
- June 20 Java-related skills - response to a question
- June 22 Django Project, Application and Database Naming
- June 25 State-Based Object Modeling
- June 28 KTLO Management
- July 03 What I love about Python == What I hate about the HTML mixed-content model
- July 04 What I love about Python == what I hate about the word of open source
- August 03 Dynamic Languages In The News
- August 05 Use Cases, Why Cases and The Bentley Test
- August 08 Problems, problems, problems
- August 14 User Interface Testing
- August 17 SOA, Web Services, and Other Religious Experiences
- August 25 Something Else I Invented
- August 27 Get this to “Work”
- September 08 ROI, NPV and Shermer’s column in the July *Scientific American* , on Homo economicus (revised)
- September 21 Deconstructing Programs from C; or Finding The Objects™
- September 24 SOA: Cheaper? Simpler?
- October 08 SOA, Reuse and The Unmeasurable
- October 10 My Bias is Showing
- October 19 Obscure C-isms and How To Find Them
- October 21 Is it really test *driven* reverse engineering?
- October 29 Parallelism, Concurrency and Pipelines (Updated)
- November 01 What Goes In the Database? Besides Data, of Course.
- November 03 Lenses that Distort our Software: Flat Files, Relational Databases, Batch Processing
- November 11 Estimating, and the Unknown Unknowns
- November 29 The Passive-Aggressive Programmer or Why Nothing Gets Done (Revised)
- December 03 Too Much of the Wrong Kind of Fun or The Object Model To The Rescue
- December 07 Not Quite Following the Book
- December 15 Database Design and UML - What was the question again?
- December 17 Building Skills in Python
- December 19 I haven’t written a program in years. How do I rebuild my skills?
- December 24 How Essential Is Unit Testing? Or, How Do We Make It Essential?
- December 26 Model - View - Controller, and Related Patterns